Gall sponsors IBA Conference in Hong Kong: Mediation v Arbitration: Best Friends or Best Enemies? A View from Asia
Gall was pleased to be one of the sponsors of this leading event held in Hong Kong on 1-2 December 2016. The conference was co-presented by the IBA Arbitration Committee, Mediation Committee and the IBA Asia Pacific Regional Forum.
The sessions were presented by leading international experts and covered current issues including:
- Negotiating ADR clauses in contracts: mediation and/or arbitration?
- Comparing approaches in drafting and implementing Med-Arb clauses in Asia
- Advocate and in-house counsel preferences: mediation and/or arbitration or both
- Are the same advocacy skills required in mediation and arbitration?
- Views from the courts: binding arbitration agreement vs. voluntary mediation agreement?
- Conflict of interest standards in mediation and arbitration
- Comparing ethical issues in mediation and arbitration
- Gender and nationality in mediation and arbitration
The International Bar Association (IBA), established in 1947, is the world’s leading organisation of international legal practitioners, bar associations and law societies. The IBA influences the development of international law reform and shapes the future of the legal profession throughout the world.