Evelyn rejoined Gall as a Partner in November 2017.
Before rejoining Gall, Evelyn was a Partner of the Dispute Resolution Group of a leading Hong Kong independent law firm.
Evelyn’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation, with a particular focus in PRC related matters. She is fluent in English and Cantonese.
Evelyn’s experience includes:
- Advised and acted for a HK listed co and its subsidiaries in a saga litigation in Hong Kong against the former board and its substantial shareholders and related regulatory issues. It concerns various sets of legal proceedings in HK, PRC and Cayman Islands involving a wide range of interlocutory applications including prohibitory injunction orders, mareva injunction orders, anton pillar order and order for cross-examination and non-party disclosure as well as related contempt trial
- Acted for a shareholder / director in the successful application for the removal of liquidators in HK concerning a cross-border insolvency matter
- Acted for Trustees in Bankruptcy in asset tracing claims and related proceedings
- Acted for Chinachem Charitable Foundation Limited in the construction proceedings and related enforcement proceedings
- Acted for a group of corporate lenders in a contractual and banking dispute relating to a USD588 million syndicated loan in HK and advising them in the related Caribbean and PRC proceedings
- Acted for a director of a HK real estate developer in a high profile defamation matter
- Acted for a Chairman of a HK listed co in the cross-border insolvency and related issues (including S221 application and misfeance claims)
- Acted for a PRC shipyard in a commenced London arbitration in relation to a shipbuilding contract dispute concerning a 176,000 DWT bulk carrier
- Acted for a Taiwan company to resist a claim for the unpaid balance under a Memorandum of Agreement concerning a catamaran in a London arbitration
- Advised a HK listed company on the exit strategy and the related issues in respect of a joint venture dispute concerning their cement business in the PRC
- Acted for a PRC company in an arbitration in HK concerning the wrongful termination of a contract for sale of Indonesian coking coal
- Advised an Italian high-end brand in a shareholder dispute and the related issues arising from its distribution business in the PRC
- Acted for a private company against a well-established HK law firm in a professional negligence claim involving a claim for approximately US$23 million
- Acted for a reputable bank in a complex commercial case involving a very contentious and litigious mortgage action for the recovery possession of a hotel after a 42-day trial