Stan was admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2013.
He has wide-ranging experience in high-profile and complex matters including commercial and corporate disputes, banking and finance disputes, regulatory and compliance matters and also restructuring and insolvency disputes, many of which involve a PRC and/or multi-jurisdictional element. Stan acts for a broad spectrum of clients, such as multinational corporations, listed companies, financial institutions, insolvency practitioners, licensed individuals, directors, shareholders, creditors, debtors, charitable organisations and ultra high-net-worth individuals.
Stan’s experience spans across board, shareholders’ and joint venture disputes, banking and finance litigation and also asset-tracing and recovery. He also advises clients in responding to enquiries and investigations brought by the SFC and the HKMA, or filing complaints to those regulators. Prior to joining Gall, Stan acted for a group of PRC distressed debt investors in defending claims brought by a top-tier global investment bank in respect of a USD500M+ syndicated loan which involved multiple legal proceedings in Hong Kong, China, the BVI and the Cayman Islands. He assisted his clients in ultimately coming to an amicable settlement on favourable terms after obtaining a judgment from the Hong Kong Court which ruled in his clients’ favour.
Stan’s recent cases include:-
- representing a US-based multinational gaming corporation in a dispute against a top-tier global investment bank in respect of USD200M+ worth of shares of a company listed on the Philippine Stock Exchange
- representing an American entrepreneur and philanthropist in resisting an application to enforce his undertaking as to damages following the discharge of a worldwide Mareva injunction obtained in aid of U.S. court proceedings in relation to a USD54 million claim
- representing a prominent businesswomen based in China in defending contempt proceedings brought by a world leading private equity firm in respect of a USD280 million business acquisition dispute
- representing the CEO of a HK investment firm in defending third party proceedings brought against him for alleged breach of warrant of authority and negligence
- advising a PRC pharmaceutical company on its claim by way of arbitration in Hong Kong arising out of a set of agreements concerning the research on and production of certain pharmaceutical products (worth RMB1900M+) in the PRC
- representing a multinational food and beverages manufacturing company in its dispute with a leading investment bank arising from certain cross currency swap transactions that led to the client’s USD100M+ loss and making regulatory complaints to the SFC and HKMA
- representing a licensed person previously employed by a leading investment bank in SFC investigations in relation to alleged false trading and/or price rigging and/or stock marketing manipulation offences contrary to the SFO
- acting for a Las Vegas-based luxury hotel and casino group in its gaming debt disputes
- acting for various victims in international cyber fraud cases involving unauthorised fund transfers and successfully recovering the proceeds of fraud from bank accounts held by the fraudsters by commencing legal actions and garnishee proceedings in HK
Prior to joining Gall, Stan trained at another leading independent firm in Hong Kong where he spent three years in that firm’s highly reputed dispute resolution team as an Associate. He speaks English, Mandarin and Cantonese.