Andrea is an Employment and Regulatory Lawyer advising on both Hong Kong and English law. Andrea has significant and extensive experience in high profile complex litigation, including multi-jurisdictional disputes. She undertakes all types of Employment Law work and advises on all aspects of the employment relationship including:
- Hiring Strategies
- Negotiating and drafting contract terms
- Entitlements under deferred compensation, bonus and share schemes
- Drafting and advising on post termination restrictions
- Advising on performance reviews and appraisals
- Advising on internal investigations, SFC regulatory investigations and disciplinary issues
- Discrimination and privacy complaints/issues
- Applying for and defending injunctions
- Advising on redundancy issues
- Advising on termination and separation agreements
- Representing both employers and employees engaged in legal proceedings from the Labour Tribunal to Court of Final Appeal
The focus of Andrea’s Regulatory practice is representing individuals who are the subject of internal investigations and/or external regulators including HKMA, SFC and/or police investigations. Andrea advises individuals on behaviour that questions whether approved persons are “fit and proper”.
Prior to joining Gall, Andrea worked at Ferguson Solicitors LLP (now Spring Ferguson), a boutique London firm specialising in Employment Law.
Andrea’s recent cases include:
- Advising a large financial institution and two directors in respect of multi-jurisdictional employment claim for unreasonable termination and fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Defending one of the world’s largest interdealer brokers against wrongful and unreasonable termination, unpaid wages and bonus claims.
- Advising a senior employee on sensitive regulatory issues arising from regulatory investigations in Asia and the US.
- Advising on internal investigations, SFC regulatory investigations and disciplinary issues.
- Acting for a senior officer at financial institution who was purportedly dismissed following allegations of gross incompetence and misconduct.
- Advising a multinational corporation on a cross border investigation and subsequent termination of its Hong Kong based senior employee.
- Advising an international recruitment firm on the enforceability of post termination restrictions.
- Advising an asset management company and drafting its employee incentive schemes.
- Advising a CEO of a large financial institution on his complex deferred compensation and share plans.