Andrea is an Employment and Regulatory Lawyer advising on both Hong Kong and English law. Andrea has significant and extensive experience in high profile complex litigation, including multi-jurisdictional disputes. She undertakes all types of Employment Law work and advises on all aspects of the employment relationship including:
- Hiring Strategies
- Negotiating and drafting contract terms
- Entitlements under deferred compensation, bonus and share schemes
- Drafting and advising on post termination restrictions
- Advising on performance reviews and appraisals
- Advising on internal investigations, SFC regulatory investigations and disciplinary issues
- Discrimination and privacy complaints/issues
- Applying for and defending injunctions
- Advising on redundancy issues
- Advising on termination and separation agreements
- Representing both employers and employees engaged in legal proceedings from the Labour Tribunal to Court of Final Appeal
The focus of Andrea’s Regulatory practice is representing individuals who are the subject of internal investigations and/or external regulators including HKMA, SFC and/or police investigations. Andrea advises individuals on behaviour that questions whether approved persons are “fit and proper”.
Prior to joining Gall, Andrea worked at Ferguson Solicitors LLP (now Spring Ferguson), a boutique London firm specialising in Employment Law.
Andrea’s recent cases include:
- Defending one of the world’s largest interdealer brokers against wrongful and unreasonable termination, unpaid wages and bonus claims.
- Advising a senior employee on sensitive regulatory issues arising from regulatory investigations in Asia and the US.
- Advising on internal investigations, SFC regulatory investigations.
- Advising on the treatment of employees in one of the world’s largest acquisitions
- Investigating and advising large multinational companies in respect of employee fraud
- Advising a senior employee in respect a disability and whistleblowing claim.
- Acting for a former CEO and commencing proceedings in the High Court for a breach of contract claim in respect of deferred compensation and shares
- Acting for the former Chairman and Head of a well-known Investment Bank and commencing proceedings in the High Court for breach of contract and nonpayment of bonus