Brooke is a senior disputes lawyer with experience representing local and international clients in a broad range of contractual and commercial disputes. Her recent experience includes advising in relation to shareholder/director disputes, joint venture disputes, high value family disputes, cross-border fraud and asset tracing investigations, and obtaining various injunctions and urgent interim relief both in support of Hong Kong proceedings and in aid of foreign proceedings.
In addition to her litigation experience, Brooke has extensive experience advising in relation to domestic and international arbitration, both in Hong Kong and abroad. Brooke’s recent arbitral experience includes conducting a number of high-value, complex, arbitral proceedings in Hong Kong. She also has experience advising on enforcement of foreign arbitral awards.
Brooke was admitted as a solicitor in Australia in 2004 and holds a Bachelor of Laws (1st Class Honours) and Bachelor of Arts (Asian and International Studies) from Griffith University, Brisbane. She received her training at Minter Ellison, one of Australia’s top 6 law firms. Brooke practiced in Hong Kong from 2005 to 2008 as a Registered Foreign Lawyer prior to her admission as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2008. She is also admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales (since 2012). Prior to joining Gall, Brooke was a Senior Associate at Pinsent Masons (Hong Kong) where she worked for 8 years.
Recent cases include:
- representing an ultra-high net worth individual in a complex family trust dispute. The dispute concerned interest in the assets held worldwide by the family trusts, and involves complex areas of trust law and asset valuation;
- representing a listed company in respect of four separate actions involving a breach of contract and nuisance claim over the sale and purchase of a residential development in Hong Kong;
- advising a financial institution and two directors in respect of a multi-jurisdictional employment claim;
- successfully obtaining leave to commence a statutory derivative action in a complex, multi-jurisdictional, shareholder dispute involving a conspiracy to injure claim;
- advising a Belgian fund in relation to the recovery of high-value assets in Hong Kong and a potential shareholder dispute against a local joint venture partner;
- advising a financial institution in proceedings against a former director. The case involved claims of negligence, breach of warranties, and breach of fiduciary duties;
- representing a Singaporean company in a jurisdictional challenge involving a cross-border shipping dispute;
- advising a PRC company in HKIAC administered arbitration proceedings against a Korean company in respect of a contractual claim.
What people say
Rising Star, Dispute Resolution and Litigation – Asialaw Leading Lawyers 2016, Asialaw Profiles 2017
« Brooke was included in Asian Legal Business (ALB) inaugural “40 under 40” list 2015, a list showcasing 40 of the brightest legal minds in the Asia region »
« Brooke received the “Rising Star” award in the inaugural Asialaw Asia Pacific Dispute Resolution Awards 2015 »